In order to make the cremation of your loved one as simple and as convenient as possible, we have provided all the forms that need to be filled out/initialed/signed to you here. The state of Tennessee requires that the highest level next-of-kin sign off on the cremation which should be done on the authorization form provided below. If there are multiple same level next-of-kin (i.e. if there are multiple children ALL the children will have to sign, if there is a spouse, the spouse would supersede the children and only the spouse would have to sign). Out of the whole cremation process determining who has the authority/and is required to sign the paperwork might be the most confusing. Here is the Hierarchy of Next-of-kin
- Spouse (just 1 persons initials/signature required), if no surviving spouse then
- Children (all children of the deceased that are 18 years of age or older must sign), if no children then
- Parents (Both parents if living will initial/sign, if only 1 is living then only their intial/signature will be required), if no living parents then
- Adult Siblings (all the siblings of the deceased that are 18 years of age or older must sign), if no living siblings then
- Adult Grandchildren (all grandchildren of the deceased that are 18 years of age or older must sign), if no grandchildren then
- Grandparents of the deceased (Both parents if living will initial/sign, if only 1 is living then only their intial/signature will be required), if no living grandparents then
- An adult who exhibited special care and concern for the decedent.
If you have any questions about who is supposed to sign please call us for clarification (865)951-0360
If you have are one of the next-of-kins that needs to sign please download the following authorization forms and fill in the red boxes on your computer, then print the document, then initial/sign as indicated by the highlighted sections. Once this is complete either scan and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to us at (865)558-9841. Once we get all the forms from the required next-of-kins we will combine them.
If you are acting as the main informant (your name and address will be listed on the Death Certificate as a person of contact) please download and fill in the Death Certificate form provided below. Once you have filled it in you can save it and email it back to us at email@example.com or fax it to us at (865)558-9841.